Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Brittany and Normady Trip!!!

This was an optional trip for school. So glad I went. It was perfect! I felt a little rushed 90% of the time but you are seeing two regions in two days it has to be that way. Our adventure started at 7 am. The bus ride was forever! I hardly noticed though due to sleeping.

ANYONE THINKING OF TRAVELING SHOULD INVEST IN A NECK PILLOW. I had such a sore neck by the end of the trip. I really regret not having one.

First Stop
WWII American Memorial. After all the contribution and sacrifice we made to help Europe. France gave the US land to bury out soldiers. There were 9000 at this site alone. Yes, sadly there is more then one! It really puts into perscpective all the sacrifice our troops and the world's put into protecting people and defeating the Nazis.Everything about it was so calm, it is hard to imagine this was where D-Day took place. Each sign was in English and French, which was cool. A Fun Fact I learned was the beaches in the area are name after the missions names from D-DAY , which were random cities in the respective country.


The reason I know so much about this is the trip had guides. They are in a tour guiding class and this is their project so they research and present us a tour in English. I was excited at first but soon it became information overload. For anyone that looks down on the hospitality field -- you will eat your words with what I am about to tell you. Before they can pass the prerec class for this class. They have to have mastered 3 languages! Not just bubble in a test beable to give a tour and answer questions in that language. Crazy!

My other favorite place was Le Mont Saint Michel! It is the 8th wonder of the world and I saw it! Back in the day a man had a dream of a abbey on a mountain and then built it. I wish someone had a dream I had a mansion and build me one. =) This place was huge!! It was practically untouched case monks and nuns live in an abbey. Who attacks them? NOONE! I did find out that the monks prayed 8 hours day! I barely have time for an hour at the gym! I made it all the way to the top and if you are ever in France this is a MUST-SEE!




There was so much to see on this trip that I could go on and on about but I figured telling you my top two places would be better. This trip is definitely worth going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment