Monday, March 5, 2012

Paris Weekend With Christy

Christy Dump it is my long lost friend from middle school. We were inseparable. We drifted apart in high school. I could never figure out why? There was no fight and  no drama. We went from every afternoon to once a week to once a month to once a semester to never. I was not sad. I mean I missed but was so consumed with things I only noticed when I hear thousand miles, see a golden retriever, spongebob suarepants, okso alot of things remind me of her. She is someone you just can't forget. So when I do reminisce on old memories and end up creeping on her Facebook. So after 4 and half years, I was going to Paris to hang out with her. I slightly nervous. What if we have nothing to talk about? What if something did happen and she leaves me at the station ( I highly doubted that but it did cross my mind)? What if had nothing in common?

Either way were finally doing the onle thing we could never do in our youth and that is have a sleepover. I did homeowrk and slept most of the train ride. Finally arrived, Christy had trouble finding the station because of all the construction but one worry disappeared. Soon I realized I had nothing to worry about. Chisty is one of those people you can spend years away from but as soon as you are together it feels like no time has passed. I mean that is what happened lol

We walked to the train station and bought 12 vouchers for 12.70 euro and headed to her place. She lives in a school that is famous. Havard and Oxford are based off of her university. Once we got settled in we went out. Probally not the best idea since we went to sleep at 4 or 5 in the morning. Christy is the most legit host ever. She kept offering food. I tried all sorts of Frenchy things and even borrowed a sleeping bag from her French mom (A older Parisian  woman who basically adopted her and is open about everything!).

What I Learned From Christy
1) Most Parisians wear black with one thing that pops
2) Don't talk to anyone. Just say no and keep walking!
3) Parisians are aggressive. You say Pardon and then Excuse-moi or Allay Allay.
4) People yell baby and bonjour at you ALL THE TIME. Ignore them. At least in America I am worthy of some stupid pick up line.
5) WATCH YOUR SHIT. Kids are the worst! I will go through pickpocketing later!
6) Parians DO NOT smile. You look down on the bus and as miserable as possible.


This was the best weekend ever! I absolutely love it! The city and company. Au Voir!

No comments:

Post a Comment