Monday, January 30, 2012

First Day of School!

 1/23

Today was the first day of school. For everyone who takes the bus, it SUCKS! Class was at 8 am so we had to be on the bus by 7 and we were still late! This maybe the hardest semester yet. We went over the structure of the class and it seems easy yet intense. They have 30 credit hours and almost 12 sections, which is divided into 5 areas. There grading is out of 20 and 10 is passing! The professor said the highest grades are 14s, which to me is terrible! I love high grades and really nervous about that. They also do grading by averages so for example You get  a 12, 13, 12, 11 and 12 in the 5 sections. You would have a 12 for everything cause the average is 12. That maybe good or bad depending on the distribution. Also, they have continuous assesments and you can fail if you miss one by skipping a class. Classes change weekly. We will have a final on one topic per section but they do not tell you which one. Basically, your life is school. I am going to try to fit in a sport even though walking up the stairs to my room and class should count.

I found some cute Irish boys in class but sadly they have girl friends.Regardless, some of my friends would make such a cute couple with them cough Brittney Keating cough. After class, I went to the cafeteria and got lunch and failed to get my internet code again. The cafeteria is a steal. You get an appetizer, entree, dessert and bread for 3 euros.

I paid my rent and starting to see the end of my to do list  ONce you pay your rent you get your prrof of residence form so you can make a bank account. I can't get the form till 5 since their are so many of us paying. I attempted to open my account anyway but have to finish tomorrow. SO me and a few girls ( Catalina, Isabel and Hilla) are going tomorrow at 9am. Once that is compete all I have left is CAF (housing aid) and rent a bike.

I also signed up for Oral practice to work on my Francis. I definitely need it! Hoping for As!

1 comment:

  1. *brittany. And yeah I'll take a cute Irish boy! I mean, I'm Irish too ;)
    Love the shout out and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete