Friday, January 27, 2012

I Made Friends!!!

 1/24/2011

Last week, I made friends. After settling up my computer and figuring out the time. I went down stairs to start my first official day in France and truly start my adventure of getting settleed in. This means id bank account, nternet, insurance and telephone. I accomplished one of the three and the reason is we went to the mall first. Unlike in America it is just indoor shops. There is a store similar to Walmart but not as nice of prices. Pens are 5 EUROS?!?!? It is crazy! It might be more of a  Target since it is in the "mall." Once we( Mariam (Mexico), Erica( Finland) Olli(Finland) and Brandy (USA)) put our stuff back in our rooms we went to pay for insurance.

I forgot to tell you how we meet. While I was asking the front desk lady how to get anywhere she said American. Then dragged this girl now know as Brandy over and said American American. So now we have to be friends. She really is nice I mean she loves and I do mean LOVES cats.

So anyways back to insurance. Before you get insurance you have to get a student id and green paper. The insurance place closes at 3:30 so before I could get to the student id place and back it was closed. Unlike UCF all these things are walking back and forth or by bus. So getting settled in is a multi day thing. Once that failed we went to the bus station. Each hour is 1.4 euro so 3.4 all day. So paying for the bus was getting old really fast!

After all that hard work I was starving! I had a panni thing, which was delicious. I tried a crepe! I attempted to order in French and failed miserably. I am still adjusting to the new language and kinda feeling silly thing. I have quickly picked up not tipping. All in all the French food is amazing!

A highlight of my day was using someone else's access code to  check my emails and go on Facebook. I even had a chance to talk to Cameron. He may have been at work since he didn't have much to say but I have only been gone for less than 24 hours. I did tell him to tall my mom I am safe since she is probally worried sick!

Finding friends is great. We are going out tonight! I am excited to explore the city. I learned the word for sale and free even with a language barrier I will still find sales! But for now I will go out to this college bar hopefully it lives up to my Devanney's standards I did hear beer is 5 euros per glass and 2 euros for a bottle of wine. Can you say pregame?




No comments:

Post a Comment